Sunday 25 May 2008

Its raining here in wonderland


I took a friend to L and A activity centre last night which hopefully left her feeling like she had been welcomed into a strange but friendly world.
Its really difficult bringing people into my world because its not normal by any ones standards ( and that's just the bits I can see are not normal ).

L and A activity centre x Trallwm Farm colliding is similar to 3rd rock from the sun meets the TV series "V" only in Hebrew and stressed English,with a bit of fawlty towers for insult.
Nigel who runs L and A is the most wonderful character who is one of the few people who still has faith in others whilst retaining his own.His kindness is legendary but this means he gets taken advantage of especially by the locals. He hadn't had any sleep since Friday because he had several parties in which involved being in the watering hole till 3am cooking breakfasts at 5am Saturday and then he was still running a Barbecue at 12.30 last night.
I love it at L and A because I have quite a few animals there anyway so its home from home but also I adore the customer side of things. Its really just like here.

Eastern European customer..."Can we have more bread "
management "No"
Customer "why ? We have only had 8 bits "
Management "Actually you had 12 and theres only feckin 8 of you "
This was then followed by orders to get a bag of frozen rolls and "throw it at them "
When I ordered drinks the delectable Richard with the Irish ears and the no hope countenance stated quite clearly . Do I look like I know what a feckin soft drink is ( I was ordering Red Bull ) Actually he didn't but the alternative worked on the same lines.

Phone here on any day and you will see we all went to the same public service university.

Richard was later helping another complaining customer to get the barbecue going again. He was gleefully pouring lighter gel over hot coals like a gremlin in a rain shower. I watched him for a bit laughing and then guilt got the better of me so I made him take the cigarette out of his mouth. I really didn't fancy roast gremlin....in fact any gremlin.
The customer was fair game as he is a friend of Nigel's so has been many times to L and A. Last time he was singing Frank Sinatra in the early hours soiree that occur when Nigel gets a guitar in his hand.
Singing Frank Sinatra is in my opinion grounds to be banned anyway especially as he doesn't know all the words to American pie by Don Mclean.
If you want a fun week or weekend and a place to be totally relaxed then you cannot go wrong with L and A. Being abused by the staff is more than fair. Debbie fell in the river once after a water hole soiree. The staff kindly fished her out ,laid her out in a log cabin and didn't laugh once within her hearing.
What more could you want in an activity holiday ?

No comments: